WHO WE ARE:
We are a Christ centered, Bible based, family oriented Christian church. We are Wesleyan in doctrine with a strong allegiance to the Bible and its teachings, principles and practices.
WHY WE ARE HERE:
* We are here to worship and reverence the Almighty God of Heaven and earth, to reverence His Son Jesus Christ and to follow the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
* We are here to preserve the fellowship and witness of the Church; to strive together for the advancement of God's kingdom and for the mutual edification of fellow believers, in holiness, knowledge, and love.
* We are here to walk together in Christian fellowship and meekness.
* We are here to evangelize the lost, encourage the weak, comfort the sick and nurture the feeble.
THE MESSAGE WE HAVE TO SHARE:
* God loves you! John 3:16 says: "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
* Admit your need of a Savior. Romans 3:23 &5:12, 1John 1:9. We all must first admit we are a sinner and need to be saved.
* Then we must repent. Mark1:15 and Luke 13:3.
*After admitting our sin and repenting of it, then we must believe that Jesus Christ forgives us. Acts 16:31 & 19:4.
*After following these Biblical steps, we will: 1. Have our sins forgiven.
2. Be made a new person in Christ. 2 Corinthians 5:17.
3. We will inherit the hope of eternal life in Heaven after
we leave this world.
John chapter 14 teaches us that Jesus has gone to prepare a place for us and He will come again!
* We believe the Bible is the Word of God. That all scripture is given by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit and therefore is the infallible, inerrant Word of God, the only authoritative guide for faith and practice.
* We believe in one eternal, almighty God, Creator of the heavens and the earth, who exists in a trinity of persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
* We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ as the Son of God, the second person of the divine trinity, who became incarnate to provide an atonement for sin through His death on the cross.
* We believe He arose from the dead and ascended into heaven where He ever lives to make intercession for those who come to God by Him.
* We believe in the atonement, the work of Jesus Christ that provided through His sacrificial death on Calvary for the lost human race and that salvation is for everyone who will come to him.
* We believe that in appropriating this salvation, the person who believes with a truly repentant heart in the pardon that Jesus Christ provides, is forgiven of their sins and is a new creature in Christ Jesus, enabling them to live above sin.
* We believe there is a second crisis experience in the provision of salvation, whereby a person who has been forgiven may also be sanctified by faith.
* We believe this experience of entire sanctification is wrought instantaneously by the Holy Spirit whereby the heart of the believer is cleansed from all sin.
CHURCH BOARD 2015:
* Back row left to right: Julie Hunter, Senior Pastor Rev. Brenda Wallick, McTare Ebanks, Rev. Genie Dickerson, Patsy Gibson
* Front row left to right: Lorna Blackman, Karen McField, Treaty Glidden, Josephine Habib
Wesleyan Holiness Church is both happy and honored to have a church board as dedicated as these and who have a true love and desire to do God's work.